As our workloads increase, we feel stressed. With the outbreak of the pandemic, most of us have become unfit due to a lack of physical exercise. This is taking a toll on our minds and body. This leads to muscle soreness, body aches, etcetera. To deal with all these, a deep body massage can be the best option to opt for. Now before we dive into different types of massages, the best places to get a deep tissue massage in Denver, let us take a look at what deep tissue massage is and what purpose it intends to serve.
Introduction To Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is a kind of body massage that involves using mildly strong pressure and gentle strokes to release muscle tension. They massage the deep muscle layers within the body, along with fascia (tissues surrounding our muscles). When done by an efficient practitioner, this can dramatically reduce the tension in your muscles that causes severe pain.
Benefits Of Deep Tissue Massage
The most significant benefits of deep tissue massage are:
- Pain Relief – As we already know, deep tissue massage can be the best option for pain relief. It can be beneficial to treat lower back pains to stiff necks and many other complications.
- Stress Relief – Along with pain relief, deep tissue massages are great as stress relievers too. It can reduce the stress hormone called cortisol and increase the soothing hormone oxytocin.
- Breaking Scar Tissue – People who face an injury recently develop scar tissues around the site which leads to a lot of pain and discomfort. Regular deep tissue massages can be very effective in breaking these scar tissues and working as pain relievers.
- Reduction In Heart Rate And Blood Pressure – Since it is a great stress reliever, deep tissue massage ensures lowered heart rate and blood pressure. The enhanced production of serotonin comes as an impetus.
- Relief From Arthritis – Regular deep tissue massages provide the patients relief from different symptoms of arthritis-like pain and stiffness in different parts of the body.
The three best places for deep tissue massage in Denver are Denver Deep Ashiatsu Massage, Denver Sports Massage Therapy, and Rino Sports Massage. There are many more options that you can look up on the internet.